For the BASS competitive groups please visit https://bemidjiareasuperswimmers.teampages.com/
NEWBIES For swimmers who can swim 25 yards without stopping to rest. Should have some swim experience and completed at least up to level 3 of swimming lessons. Should be comfortable putting face in the water. ADVANCED NEWBIES For swimmers who can swim 2 lengths of freestyle and backstroke without rest, one length of butterfly and breaststroke (does not need perfect form, we work on that). Coaches recommendation with complete beginner newbies sheet. Should also be comfortable doing sitting dives.
June 14,16,21,23,28,30, July 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28. BHS Pool
Beginner 1:00 - 1:45 Adv 1:45-2:30
Please review the following guidelines:
Whenever possible please arrive dressed to swim and shower at home to keep locker room traffic to a minimum. If using the locker room please practice social distancing.
● Enter the facility five minutes prior to your session. Not any earlier. Practices will start on time. Please plan accordingly.
● The use of a protective face mask is REQUIRED when entering and leaving the pool area.
● If you are not feeling well, PLEASE do not come.
● All participants must maintain social distancing. (6ft)
● Current practice guidelines from USA Swimming will be followed.
● Do not share equipment.
● Water fountain use is not permitted, please bring a filled water bottle.
● Swimmers must leave within five minutes after the session ends.
● This is a drop off and pick up only - no spectators.
Summer 2021 swimming lessons registration will open May 11 8:30 AM.
Session 1 June 9, 10, 16, 17
Session 2 June 23, 24, 30, July 1
Session 3 July 7, 8, 14, 15
Session 4 July 21, 22, 28, 29
Shorter sessions to accommodate more in 2021.
Swimming Lesson Guidelines
People with these symptoms or combinations of these symptoms will be asked to NOT enter the pool or building.
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
New loss of taste or smell
It is recommended that your swimmer is dropped off at the curbside, however a single parent or guardian may accompany one student, and up to three students in the same family. Please help us limit the total number of persons in the building. Arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your class is scheduled to start. Face coverings are required in school and pool areas.
Locker rooms and showers. Whenever possible please arrive dressed to swim and shower at home to keep locker room traffic to a minimum. If using the locker room please practice social distancing.